About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 19 April 2012

The Starting Block

Really, I'm not moaning but I am finding it so hard to get back into my writing.  The girls went back to school on Tuesday and I had so much planned for Tuesday and Wednesday.  But, alas that's as far as I got, plans.  I lay awake in bed last night reciting a new story in my head in fact I almost got out of bed and came downstairs to write, but decided against it at 02:21.

I knew I wouldn't get much done today as Thursday is my day in the shop and even that was cut short by unforeseen circumstances.  Even as I write this post to assure that I haven't dropped off the planet and I am still here my mind is imitating a pinball machine.  As I say I am not moaning, as I know there are lots of people with bigger issues to deal with but, if anybody reads this and can offer any advice, please leave me a post.  I so want to be back into routine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rae - I often find reading gets me back into the writing mood. I read a heap of mag short stories and I've often found getting stuck into a novel will give me an idea and inspire me. If that doesn't work do something else relaxing like going for a walk; something that frees up your mind. x

    ReplyDelete