About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 31 August 2012

So Close But yet So Far...

Back from Swanwick - obviously and straining at the leash to get down to work.  I learnt some new tricks at Swanwick and cannot wait to try some of them out.  I received two rejections from WWFS within a week of each other so I need to pull my socks up and get some work back out there.  The problem?  Cerys hasn't been allocated a school place yet and Lisa doesn't start at college until the 10th.  Not that there is an issue with the girls being home for longer than I expected but some of the information and workshops I attended were, shall we say, a little spicy - not something I would like anybody to come across by accident.  Well, regarding the girls not at all.

The house (we moved at the end of July) is 99% sorted now and there are only two boxes left to unpack and really one of those is full of ornaments which can live in the garage for a while.

Getting back to Swanwick, if anybody reading this is interested in attending next year do it - it's such a wonderful week full of fun and great characters (real people not fictitious ones).  I have made such good friends and hope to be able to go until I am an old lady with a stick who insists on wearing fuchsia pink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment