About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 3 December 2012

It's December...

Well not a great start to the month for me.

 I checked the results for the Christmas story competition I entered and I haven't been placed.  I didn't expect to be top of the  class but as there were 19 runners-up, I had hoped to squeeze in there.  But every cloud and all that.  At least I have a story ready to send out to magazines ready for next Christmas.

You may think me arrogant, expecting to be placed in a competition.  But, I think if you don't believe in yourself it will show in your writing.  So, I have allowed myself 5 minutes of self pity, a mars bar and a cup of tea.  Now to pick myself up, brush myself down and get my stuff back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment