About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 7 January 2014

A New Year

Happy New Year to you all.

This year I have decided on less dreaming and wishing and more action.  More of a positive attitude towards my work.

'A Different Corner' the novel I wrote originally for NaNoWriMo has been sent of to Richard & Judy's search for a bestseller.  I could fib and say it was my first submission of 2014 but it had to be submitted by 31 December 2013 - so I won't.  I won't hear anything if at all until later in the year so at least the postman is safe for a while.

I have my eye on a few lesser known short story competitions and an idea for another novel.  Plenty to keep me busy.  NaNo was such a great experience for me and has indeed helped me find my writing mojo again.

Of course any offers, wins you will be the first to know.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae, sounds like a good plan to me. I'm planning to finish my novel and enter a few short story competitions too. I'd also like to have some articles published this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria. Good luck with you're writing and let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete