About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Getting There

So to date I am working on three short stories.

Not the way I usually work as I easily confuse myself but after speaking to a fellow writer who offered me a few tips, it isn't working out too badly for me.  As I mentioned before I have three competitions to submit to, hence the multiple stories.  All three are new to me, in fact I'd not heard of them before.  It just goes to show just how brilliant the Internet can be.  Talking of which, I was struggling to describe something today so on the off chance I used Google images - hey presto I found heaps of images which brought my description to life and added more depth to my story.

Talking of short story competitions I may have a shot at the Mslexia competition this year.  For reasons unknown, even to me, its a competition I have avoided before.  So what's changed? I don't know but I do know I am enjoying getting my teeth well and truly stuck into my writing once more.

Did I tell you that booking was open for Swanwick Writers Summer School?  No, well it has.  Get those bookings in fast guys.  It's something you will never regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment