About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Wow !!

I did it.

The scary thing.  Reading aloud has always been hard for me and usually causes me to blush, stutter and wanting to run away.  But not any more.

As you would have read in my previous post I was not looking forward to the PWG (palace writers group) 'reading evening'  so much so that up until an hour before I was thinking up believable excuses.  But thanks to my hero, who is also my husband, I bit the bullet and went ahead and did it.  I'm so glad I did.  It's one of my demons banished and its hard to put into words just how proud I am of myself (without being big headed of course).  People even clapped !  What a fab night.

Moral of this story - look you're demons in the eye then they cannot hold you back any longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment