About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 19 January 2015

And We're Off

I didn't do any writing over the festive period, not a jot.  So I'm pleased that since I opened my laptop last week I've written two and a half stories.  For me, who is a slave to procrastination, that's a good start.

I've decided that this year I'm going to enter more competitions and not just wish I had.  Mslexia magazine has a short story competition coming up, deadline is 16/3/15 which gives me plenty of time to prepare.  I had planned on giving it a go last year but I left it too late.  A lesson learned there I feel. There a so many competitions out there if you look.  You can find them in magazines or on-line, not just fiction either.  Some requests essays and articles I even saw one for song lyrics - not my strong point though.  Having just received my Writers  Forum through the post I'm tempted to enter their monthly competition too.  The possibilities are endless - as are the words I will need to type.

1 comment:

  1. wow it could have been me writing those words - you expressed my sentiments exactly...... I did manage a not so short seasonal storyover the festive period and have an even shorter dated competition on joy!
    keep writing
    Tigs

    ReplyDelete