About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Good, The Bad & The Really Ugly !!

ARRRGGGHHHH!!

So the Good thing is, well I see it as good is that since getting back down to work since Swanwick I have written 1.5 short stories.  Yes that's right 1.5 - I do have anew kitten to watch out for!!

So that's the good.  The Bad is really bad.  As an ex secretary you'd think I could format documents standing on my head wouldn't you?  But no, not this particular story I'm working on and the worst part is that I don't have a glue as to where I'm going wrong.  At the risk of sounding like a spoilt brat 'it's not doing what I want it to do'.

The Ugly part is my mood...ooh very ugly.  Really I could quite happily sling my laptop through the window and myself afterwards.  It's driving me crazy.  I thought writing the stories was the hard part.  I really have had enough for today, formatting that is.  I'm off for a nice coffee and a scream !!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work and I wish you all well from the Darkness

    ReplyDelete