About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Back To It

So, the kids have gone back to school, at last.  To me it seems like forever as Cerys has had a nice 7 week holiday due to our move in July.  Problem is, now the house feels so empty it's hard for me to settle.  Reggie, the kitten, is fast asleep at my feet content in his own dreams and I'm wondering if I should pop downstairs and put the TV on.  Not to watch it of course but sometimes silence is really distracting.

I now have 2 stories I am playing with and considering trying my with TABFF again - after all nothing ventured nothing gained.  But, as all writers, I loathe rejection and it dents my confidence so. There's no sense in wallowing so back to it I suppose.  Think big, that's my new motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment