About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 25 October 2012

BILLY

'BILLY' is the title of my dark human horror story.  Some of you no doubt would have already read me whittling on about it.  Well, it is finished, edited within an inch of it's length, formatted the odd way they requested and will be submitted in about half an hour.  I would like to thank all the willing volunteers who gave their time to read it and give feedback, especially Vikki, who read it more than once.  Such an array of feedback was very useful.

I don't recall ever editing/re-writing any work quite as much but in doing so I have learnt an awful lot.  Now, I should go over all my previous work and subject them to the same thing.  Well, let's be honest although it will be time consuming if it gets me a sale I won't be complaining.

My next problem is that the organisation behind the Christmas Story Competition I have been writing for have asked for a short profile.  Obviously I understand what it is but haven't a clue where to start.  What would people like to know?  That I watch EastEnders? Still read Enid Blyton when I feel down.  So if any of you out there have any produced a short profile of yourself, I'd love any tips you are willing to give.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae,

    I just listed some of my successes (not many of them - LOL!) and talked about how I love writing in cafes. I don't think it really matters too much - just some fun facts about you. I think you should mention Enid B - why not?!

    Good luck with the competition, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alice, I have my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete