About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 4 October 2012

The Truth Of The Matter

The last week has been a bit of a downer.  Don't worry I shan't go into too much detail as I promised I wouldn't use this blog to vent my personal challenges.  BUT, I have felt so down the last week.  I am feeling lonely here in Milton Keynes as I have yet to make any local friends.  I know it's just a matter of time but in the meantime things are very quiet.

I did that thing which we have all done at times, you know giving out the odd hint that we are not happy, in the hope that a friend will pick up on it and perhaps give us a call.  It certainly hasn't been my week because I haven't heard from a single soul.  Enough whining now and back to my news.

BILLY which is my story for the dark side is almost finished.  I asked my husband to read it but given it's dark nature he said he'd rather not.  I am hoping tomorrow to complete the small polishing tasks and to replace my formatting with the layout which has been requested by the competition hosts.  It's not something I have come across before, so if you are a writer who enjoys entering competitions make a note to check the manuscript layout - it might just catch you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment