About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 22 February 2013

Always Something To Learn

Well, my completely revised story for the Choc-Lit competition has really come on.  I have been working on and off with the story since January.  What have I learnt?  A good story need time and effort spent on it, as much time as you can give it.  It sounds obvious doesn't it, but up until this point I have often rushed my work and not given it the consideration it deserves.  With any luck it should be ready by the end of the weekend to send out in time for the competition deadline.  If not, then I have learnt an invaluable lesson - nothing is wasted.

I wrote four new stories in January which was a good start to the year but in February I have only produced one.  I am not about to beat myself up about it though because not only is February a short month but you cannot force creativity.

On the hole I am pleased with my progress this year and positive about the coming months and whatever they may bring along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment