About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 14 February 2013

Honesty

A head cold has knocked me off my feet for the last couple of days, we all suffer from the common cold and some stage so I will spare you details.

As some of you will already know, I have been working on a story for a Chic-Lit competition aptly called Choc-Lit, as the theme is Hot Chocolate.  Anyway, Over the past three weeks I have been putting a story together, editing, revising and all those time consuming things we do only to discover today, that due to some rigorous editing and constructive criticism, the story actually isn't going anywhere at all.  Too much of this and to little of that has left me with a mismatch.  What now?  Well, back to the drawing board I'm afraid - don't get me wring the story isn't completely lost I'm just not sure I can turn it around in time for the competition deadline (28.02).  If not, I will adjust it slightly and perhaps look at submitting it to WWFS (woman's weekly fiction special).

Onwards and upwards, so the saying goes.  Getting where you want to be is never going to be a walk in the park, for me, more like a walk from London to Cornwall.  But then every steps has it's rewards to offer, if you stop to notice them.

No comments:

Post a Comment