About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 11 February 2013

Getting A Grip

Feeling sorry for yourself never is a good idea.  I gave myself a shake and told myself that If I don't try, I will never know - and if I want to stop trying then I don't really want to be a writer.  Which of course I do.  So, here I am getting on with it.

Today I was reading the Australian stories my friend sent to me.  I'm not sure what I expected but really they aren't that different to ours.  Obviously, I was being a touch naive, not a Kylie, Bruce or Shelia to be seen!

I finished a story I had been playing with, it's an attempt at humour - and I must admit is rather daft in places but I like it.  In due course I will send it out to TABFF or even That's Life (Australia) and see what happens.

I still have a few more stories on the boil, one is chic-lit and the other a twist-in-tale.  So, there really is no excuse to me wallow in self-pity why there is work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment