About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Chickens, Eggs and Counting

Where to begin?  What a messed up week or so I've had since my last post here.  It's like the world has gone bonkers and it wants to include me in every aspect.  Well, it can push off because I have my own agenda!!

The only typing I have done since last week is job applications and CV's - you know it's really tough out there these days.  I heard, on the news, that over 2000 people applied for a General Assistant job at Starbucks.  How on earth do you read that many CV's?  Lord knows if they even get read or a chance to see daylight.

Today is the third day Cerys hasn't been to school due to a nasty case of Tonsilitis and yesterday I stopped smoking!!  I am trying out the e-cigs and to try and rid myself of the tobacco taste I have chosen 'grape' flavoured filters - honestly, the water vapour you inhale taste likes grapes.  Other flavours are vanilla, strawberry, banana, bubble-gum, menthol and blueberry.  So far so good, yes, it is early days but as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day.   After my hairdressing appointment tomorrow I intend to lock myself in the conservantory for the afternoon and write - but then, perhaps I shouldn' count my chickens before they hatch.  Alas, the spell-checker on here is still not playing ball so please pretend not to notice the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment