About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 14 March 2013

Little Steps

Well, today I have managed an hour and a half of writing, bearing in mind I have a poorly 10 year old at home I don't think that's too bad.  Good news in the post this morning, I have been invited for an interview for one of the jobs I applied for.  Yay - fingers crossed, I've been told it's unlucky to say too much but inside I am jumping up and down.

I am still tinkering with two stories, one is ready to go but I'm not sure where to send it - what I mean in TABFF or That's Life Fast Fiction (Australia).  I already have a story with TABFF awaiting a decision so maybe I should give our Ozzie cousins a try.  Problem is I just cannot make up my mind.

Also, I need to be working on a story for the Swanwick Writers School competition.  The theme is '65 not out' which celebrates the 65th years of the school.  Idea keep popping up but I have been unable to grab one and develop it into a real idea.  Ho-hum.  Tomorrow I am hoping for a longer expanse of time to write maybe then I can pin down and idea for Swanwick AND decide which market I will send my latest story to.

No comments:

Post a Comment