About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 22 September 2014

When 'Its Just Not Happening'

Today I had such plans - and the opportunity.  But it just isn't happening - I have two short stories bubbling away at the moment.  I'm eager to get them completed so I can submit them to TABFF but my head has other ideas.

I don't like to use this blog to share my personal life BUT I'm sure I'm not the only person/writer to feel this way and to be overwhelmed by such feelings.  What feelings?  My oldest two children have left home, one for independence, the other for Uni.  All normal and part of life but for some reason its really hit me today and I can't concentrate on my work and I'm indulging in baby pictures and old forgotten school projects.  Daft isn't it - in reality I should be pleased that they are out there living their lives and making their own way.  Don't get me wrong I'm proud of them both but missing them is hurting, a physical ache.

I'm sharing this because there must be others who have these days too.  But tomorrow is another day and I must wait to see what a new day brings.  Who knows, maybe there's a new story to be told. So I suppose what I'm actually saying is one unproductive day isn't the end, life as a writer isn't over.  Believe in yourself, pick yourself up and carry on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment