About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

A New Place To Work

To cut a very long and involved story short, I have moved my desk into the conservatory (it was in the lounge before).  At first I thought it would be too cold but Hubby reminded we have underfloor heating in there.  I like it, it's cosy, it overlooks the garden and I am not distracted by the postman, delivery people or the neighbours antics.

I am working on two stories at the moment, something I have not attempted before.  It seems to be going well, I suppose it has something to do with them being so very different. 

My romance story has progressed well and I am really pleased with it.  It's almost ready for me to send to my favourite proof reader (my mum-in-law).  Pure romance is not something I have ever really focused on before but I have really enjoyed myself with this one.  My story for the competition where you have to mention "Agatha Christie" twice is also going well, as it is much shorter than the romance one it is well on it's way for its final edit, although I should get it proof read too.

So, this week so far has been a good one as far as getting writing done.  I am pleased with my new working space, its very atmospheric with the rain beating down on the roof.  If it stays warm in here I may well stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment