About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Romance And Murder?

Well, my romance story is going very well.  Lot's of passionate kisses, intimate dinners and far flung places.  While I was reading one of my magazines I came across an competition asking for short stories which include the name 'Agatha Christie' - quite unusual, I thought.

I really enjoy writing with a given theme so I have drafted an entry.  Of course, wherever Agatha Christie is you will find at least one dead body, a poison dart or two and a brilliant twist.  I want to make my story quite humorous too, that 'different slant' notion again.  It's coming along well but it is quite difficult to remove the romance hat then adorn the murder hat.  Still, it's a challenge and I do enjoy a challenge.

I have submitted my Christmas story and just need to wait to see what happens.  They organisers have said that all winners/runners-up will be contacted by November 30th.  You can guess I will be staking out my inbox on that day.  What a wonderful Christmas present that would be, to be a finalist.  Finger crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment