About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 30 November 2012

Almost There

Well, working in the conservatory has proved a success.  I wouldn't be happy to move back into the lounge at all now.

I have been working on two stories this week.  The romance one and the story for the competition which asks that Agatha Christie be mentioned at least once.  First the romance - I think I said before that despite my initial doubts I have enjoyed writing this one (it is resting at the moment).  I never thought that passionate kisses, hand holding, roses or intimate restaurant's could be so much fun to write.  I am lucky in that my Hubby is a romantic man so the subject is not completely alien to me - thanks Carl, you've given me more than a few ideas.

Agatha Christie story - I have reached the point where I feel it is 90% finished so have emailed it to my favourite proof reader (mum-in-law) for her to read it through, identify any weak parts and typos.  Helen, that's her name is so good at it - she has a keen eye for detail and is never too harsh with her criticism (thank goodness). 

This afternoon I will be trawling through the web to find other competitions to enter.  Having a deadline, or even better a theme, encourages me to work so much harder.  There are plenty to choose from out there, have a look yourself and see what takes your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment