About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 22 November 2012

Towcesters Treasures

Some of you will remember that after moving to Milton Keynes in the summer, I was finding it difficult to find a writers group to suit me.  Writers groups are a bit like the cut of a pair of jeans.  There is a style and cut to flatter all, you just need to find it.  I digress.  I went along to Towcester writers last night and had a great time.

They really are a warm group of people.  Amongst the writers there are children's writers, fiction, poetry and even memoirs.  I am so glad I have found them.  They meet once a month in the library and although I miss getting together with other writers on a weekly basis, I am looking forward to the next meeting.  Obviously the next meeting is the Christmas one and will be held in a pub.  Double Wammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment