About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Crying

Should your own stories make you cry? and is it a good thing or a bad thing?  The story I'm working on at the moment is almost completed.  Ok, it's quite emotional and very sad in places but when I was reading it through this morning I actually had a little cry.  Now either that means it is so bad it doesn't deserve to see the light of day, which I'm sure cannot be the case or I have managed to insert just enough emotion into it without is being gushy, slushy etc.  But seriously, that's never happened to me before.  I mean I know exactly what happens and when so its hardly a surprise for me.  It's actually for a competition so fingers crossed and who knows?

I have moved out of the conservatory because of the heat.  I actually felt quite sick this morning with the sun beating down on my head.  So I am now back in the lounge - nice and shady.  I know I've spent weeks moaning about the damp dark weather but honestly its stifling in the conservatory like working in a small green house - yukk! 

As usual I have several stories on the go, so once this competition entry is done and dusted I really must get on and finish some of those who have been calling me from deep within the desk drawer.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered at the point of a conservatory. Surely it's too cold in the winter and too warm in the summer to use?

    Well done you for having several stories on the go. How good will you feel once you've sent off this current one, destined for a competition.

    Good luck with your entry and your dusting off of those deep within the desk drawer.

    Regards
    Debbie W
    http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/
    http://www.writingworkshopsandcompetitions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie - Conservatorys are a bit hit and miss, this one came with the house. I will feel great once my competition entry has gone off its always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete