About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 16 April 2013

It's Good To Be Back

Wow, that must have been the longest Easter holiday ever!  The kids went back to school/college yesterday and normality has returned, well, almost.

Over the holiday's everybody at sometime or other (in this house) was ill i.e sore throats, colds, sticky eyes.  I had a nasty flare up of tendonitis which inhibited me from getting much work done.  At one stage I was convinced I had broken my wrist, which of course was me just letting my imagination run away with me.  Well, hey I'm a writer - I'm allowed to.

Anyway, so my 4000 word story is behind schedule now so I need to get on with it.  I suppose not being able to type much made my brain work harder and I do have some fresh ideas which should bring my story to life a little more and get rid of any wooliness(?).

The sun is shining despite the showers and I'm ready to get down to it !!


No comments:

Post a Comment