About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 17 May 2012

Short But Sweet

I haven't got down to much writing this week but what I have done I am very pleased with.  I have been playing around with a short story which was rejected by TWN.  I sat down and had a real hard look at it before I began to edit it.  It never fails to amaze me how much a good stern editing/revision session can make to a story.  Obviously, at some time I thought the story was ready but on reflection I can see the flaws loud and clear.  A strange admission I know but I find editing and revising a piece of work quite therapeutic at times.  It goes to show that we can always improve our writing however brilliant we thought it once was.

It needs a little more work then my aim is to send it out into the world of WOMAG once more, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment