About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

These Things We Do...

Well, it's been a funny few days.  Suddenly I have become the clumsiest person in the world together with the silliest.  Yesterday I somehow managed to add myself as a follower of my own blog, after I'd already trodden on and scared the life out of the cat.  Also, don't tell Carl, but I reversed (at 5mph) into a stationary van today too.  Fortunately the driver was around to check for any damage of which there was none but I cannot understand how I managed to do something so silly.  Somebody has suggested I need to wear glasses all the time but it's not that I can't see it's more like I look but don't see.  Does that make any sense?  I hope so.  I am really distracted, walking across the supermarket car park I realised I had walked past the car because I was editing my latest story in my head!  Please tell me I am not alone in these odd episodes.

On the other hand I got a good couple of hours work done today, I feel I made real progress on my story.  I have two on the go at the moment.  The first is intended for magazine submission and the other for a competition which deadline is 31st May, a few weeks yet but I determined NOT to miss the deadline !!

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone Rae. The other day I baked a chocolate cake for my five year old. I cut a slice of cake, put it aside and deposited the rest of the cake in front of her. Did her eyes bulge with joy, lol. She wasn't all that impressed when I realised my mistake and swapped plates, lol. Hey, pleased to hear you are making progress with your writing. Good feeling isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete