About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Time to pull my socks up

What a weird few weeks I have had.  There have been a few personal issues which have been dominating most of my time.  I have been feeling very low and lethargic.  I suppose that hasn't been helped  by the fact that I fell last week and smashed my nose.  This resulted in a possible hair-line fracture and me looking like I'd been in the ring with Frank Bruno.  Today my face is back to normal as the swelling has gone altogether but despite any grand plans I may have had I have still managed a big fat zero on the writing front!

As a result of the above I have not been following my usual blogs and have a back-log of emails to answer/attend to.  BUT I know I can't continue on this downward spiral and have made up my mind to pull my socks up.  Worrying and over analysing has got me nowhere and I have wasted so much time and energy whittling over issues I have no control over.

I can promise that my next blog will be full of what progress I have made in my writing.  There is plenty to catch up on as it has all been neglected.  Watch this space and bear with me if I have neglected any of you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae - life gets like that sometimes. You're not on your lonesome there. It will all work out. Love your attitude! Stay positive x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane, it's nice to feel I am not alone. Onwards and upwards so they say so now I'm off to do just that. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete