About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Chilly Tuesday

The walk to school this morning certainly blew the cobwebs away, very cold and blustery here in Watford.  Yesterday didn't go as planned at all.  An old school friend of mine came to visit and we spent all day chatting and drinking coffee.  I forgot about the PTA meeting so I will have some grovelling when I next see the chairperson.  But I have to say, being with my friends was important to me and I enjoyed the company.

The postman still hasn't delivered any good news and actually, today he didn't deliver anything at all.  So I am still on tenterhooks.

My 95% completed short story is still just that.  As hard as I tried today I just couldn't get into my stride so I did some more research on other writer's blogs and interesting websites and found some very interesting ones.  A few of them look a bit dodgy but then that's what research is for isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment