About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 31 October 2011

Manic Monday

Such a disaster with the change in the clocks!!  For some reason (best known to Hubby) the alarm went off and we got up at 4:30 am and we didn't catch on until after we had both showered.  Needless to say we were not impressed but decided to stay up anyway.

Tonight is a social night at the amazing Watford Writers and I have given myself a flash fiction task - 500 words with a spooky theme.  Finished that by lunchtime so I am ready for tonight.  I am not saying it's a masterpeice but I do want to enter into the spirit of things.

The postman has proved he is not an endangered species by posting something through the letterbox today - BUT it was just a pizza menu.  Come on DVLA and TABFF the suspense is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment