About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Sunday 16 October 2011

Hello and welcome to my blog

My hubby has helped, well actually, constructed this blog for me after weeks of nagging me to do it myself.  I am a writer, mainly of short stories despite a long life wish to write a novel.  I belong to a wonderful writing group Watford Writers who have made me feel very welcome and encouraged me to persevere. 

Since the summer when I was fortunate enough to attend the Swanwick Writer's Summer School my confidence has returned.  To date I am doing well and have come 2nd place in two competitions in two weeks.  Ok, so they have been local competitions but it has lifted my spirits considerably as well as fuelled my determination to get a story published in a magazine.

2 comments: