About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 17 October 2011

Short Story Complete

Happy Monday.

I have just completed a short story I have been working o for Take a Breaks Fiction feast.  Well I say completed, lets say 95% done.  What happens now is I let my hubby read it. Usually this results in quite an animated discussion - but we love each other so no grudges are held.

This afternoon I am off to a PTA meeting at my daughters primary school.  They are short on numbers so I said I would go along.  These days PTA's are supposed to be fun.  Less of the Mac and headscarf brigade and more of the ankle boots and leather jacket girls.  I'll let you know how it went.

The postman hasn't been yet so Im still hanging on for news about my driving license - and a story I sent to TABFF (Take a Breaks Fiction Feast) a few weeks back.  So lrt's hope he hurries up.  Anything good in the post and I will let you all know.

This evening I am off to Watford Writer's.  I so enjoy my Monday nights now plus I am still basking in my delight and being placed 2nd in our flash fiction competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment