About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 13 February 2012

Back Home...

I am very sorry, I forgot to tell you all that I was going up to my Mum's at the weekend to look after her as my sister had been there all week.  Having dithered about because of a new snowfall on Friday I eventually left at about 3 o'clock so I arrived at Mum's about 4 (ish).

In spite of Mum's mobility issues since her accident 3 weeks ago, we had a really good time.  I must admit it is the most awful thing in the world to see your own Mum in pain.  But she was in good spirits and we did have a few heart to hearts which was nice, we also had a few vodka's and many, many laughs.  My Mum has always loved films so I took a few films down for her to watch, while I was there I watched one of her films called 'Misery'.  I know the film is pretty old now but it's lost no potency, I was on the edge of my seat and had to cover my eyes in places.  She has asked me to take a few more films down for next weekend, which I will, and I will also take a couple of books for her too.

For me, it was like a healing weekend.  There have been times in my life when I have not liked my Mum very much, although I have always loved her and this weekend I felt her love for me.  Her response to our family possibly heading off for a new start in Australia was very positive, minus the odd tear from us both.  But it was good to know that she understood why we were thinking of making the move and was pleased for us.  As I knew she would she told me she would probably be our first 'over seas' visitor.

2 comments:

  1. Times like that are priceless and something truly to treasure. I'm really happy that happened for you Rae x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I. It was a revelation and I enjoyed my time with her for the first time in many years. Let's hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete