About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 24 February 2012

Preparation is the Key

Well, no actual new writing done today but, a lot of sorting, filing and preparation to give it my best shot next week.  I have been moving files around so that the bits of writing which are not working for me are not under my nose.  I have put a note in my diary to review them again next month.  From now until the second week in March I will be working on my Mslexia Short Story Competition entry, which of course I should have been working on all this week but hey-ho.  I do that you know.  I know a deadline is coming around and despite my best intentions always find myself with my back against the wall a week before the cut-off date.  You'd think I would have learnt by now wouldn't you.

On a brighter note there will be a wedding in the family sometime in September.  My oldest sister proposed to her partner of Valentines Day (a leap year tradition) of course he said yes, so I am already planning what I should wear.  It should be a wonderful day as they are a great couple and tying the knot is just the icing on the cake.  Surely, there has to be a story there.

No comments:

Post a Comment