About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Is the grass always greener?

Not such a brilliant day today as I have been feeling very sorry for myself.  I have checked the Peter Barry blog (I entered their short story competition) and they have now uploaded 8 of the shortlisted works but mine is still not there.  Not that I expect bells and whistles or even think mine must have been the best story.  I suppose I was too exited and had convinced myself that I would at least be shortlisted.  There are 4 more stories to be revealed yet so I suppose it's not over till the fat lady sings.

There are a few other things which haven't gone my way today and I would love to tell you about them but I am unable to at the moment, perhaps in a week or two.  Thankfully I am blessed with a good friend who lets me rant without judgement - a rare friend indeed.

Tomorrow I am in the shop and that never fails to lift my mood so hopefully then I will stop feeling so hard done by and actually manage to crack a smile AND after my shift get some writing done.  Wish me luck guys.

1 comment: