About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Day of Love and Romance

I know lots of people think that Valentines Day is too commercial these days but I  love it.  I woke up this morning to a special breakfast and a dozen long stemmed red roses.  Carl is a romantic man  throughout the year and is wonderful and planning special times.  That suits me very well because I am, although I don't often admit to it, a hopeless romantic.  I like a hero, a knight in shining armour and in fact Carl did actually rescue me but not from an ivory tower.

Now having just told you all that why is it that I am unable to write romance?  It's not for the want of trying but my attempts at it are, well lets just say, not how I would want them to be.  Another present for today was Carl writing three post dated cheques so that I can attend the Swanwick Writers' School again this year, which for me is wonderful.  Last year I had a fantastic time, made some great friends including a certain lady who has become a close and trusted friend.  As well as the social side the workshops and courses were fantastic and are just as interesting and thought provoking as last summer.  If you are a writer and have not heard of The Swanwick Writers' Summer School, research it and perhaps give it a go I can guarantee you will love it.

I'm off now to get myself ready for our romantic evening which includes steak, wine a very romantiv DVD and I think I'll leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment