About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 11 November 2011

Funny Friday

Didn't get home from the school run this morning until 9:45 because I was standing on the corner having a mothers meeting - it was fun.  Pity it doesn't happen every morning there's a wealth of stories to be had.

Having made the decision to work on my (old) but not the 1st novel, I spent the morning laughing at my own mistakes.  Not to blow my own trumpet but I didn't realise I had learnt so much since writing what I thought would be a wonderful bestseller!!  There is a lot of work to be done but I am looking forward to getting stuck in.  I won't neglect my short stories though because I enjoy them too much.

Daughter no.1 had another exam today and she came home pleased with herself and feeling she had done very well.  It has been a tough few months for her and I am proud at how she has come through it.

I know I mentioned that I was going off EastEnders but I have to admit, not very PC I know, but watching Phil Mitchell get a smack in the face last night was quite funny.  So I will be watching tonight ready for some more action.

No comments:

Post a Comment