About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mothers Monday

So, I went into the school and spoke to the headteacher regarding what happened on Friday.  Sadly I am not convinced by her assurances it will not happen again so I am considering writing to the governors.

Eventually I made it to my first 'Friends Meeting'  (new title for PTA) and have offered to help out at the Christmas bazaar next Friday, not sure whether I am going to regret it or not.

Started on a new story for a competition I found on the web.  It's being run by Peter Barry estate agents but sadly first prize is not a house! The story, so far, is coming along quite well and I have applied a few of the guidelines I read in my new 'Writers Guide' book by Linda Lewis.  It's a really helpful book and written so well if you are a short story writer give it a go - it's excellent.

Watford Writers was quiet tonight but we went ahead with the 250 word flash fiction competition and had 13 entries.  Next week is manuscript nigh again so I am going to be very brave and sort out a piece of writing to read aloud and be critiqued by fellow scribblers.

No comments:

Post a Comment