About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 14 November 2011

What an Educational Weekend

On Saturday we took daughter no. 1 to an open day at one of the local colleges.  I have to admit that other than when we took our son a few years ago, this was only the second time I have stepped foot inside a college.  I wish, but only briefly, that I was a teenager again.  They really do not appreciate youth do they?  The college is a smart and quite new building and the facilities fantastic.  The staff were helpful and interested in what daughter no.1 had to say and her predictive grades.  I'd always imagined colleges to be old and smell musty, the staff to be old and everywhere was silent.  But not so, what a wonderful opportunity for all kids of her age to have the opportunity to have a resource such as this. We came away with so much information I'm sure it will take her hours to read through it all. 

We are doing it again in a few weeks time but this time looking at a more traditional 6th form college.  The third time I would have entered a college.

No comments:

Post a Comment