About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Tottering Tuesday

So tired this morning again.  As Hubby was away the space in my bed was taken up by daughter no. 2 and when I say the space was taken up, I mean it.  It is amazing just how much space a 9 year old can occupy in a kingsize bed. 

Had a few errands to run in the morning but was back by 11:30 so I sat down with a cup of tea and got writing and loved it.  I didn't realise how just how much I had missed it until then.  I did quite well and packed up about 2:45 in preparation for the school run.  Daughter no. 2 was having a friend home for tea so that put pay to getting anymore meaningful writing done - not that I am complaining.

A good friend of mine, also a writer (but with heaps more experience and success) has offered to read my story which is for a competition.  I very much appreciate her using her time to help me and hope I can repay her one day.  Competition deadline is 12.12.11 - fingers crossed !

No comments:

Post a Comment