About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Whoopeee Wednesday

RESULT !!  I rang the DVLA this morning to chase up what was happening with my license.  The very nice man told me that they were waiting for my consultant to get back to them but in the meantime they would send me a cover note which allows me to drive whilst my license is pending.  I am so happy it's hard to put into words, yes I still need to watch the post for my cover note but I CAN DRIVE.

Hubby was really pleased for me too until he remembered that when I drive I need the seat much further forward than him so he will need to get used to adjusting it again.  But really he is happy for me.

Dusted off another old story today and played around with it.  It is quite a heart wrenching theme so may be difficult to sell but there are so many competitions around it's bound to be suitable for one of those.

Broom, Broom until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment