About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 7 November 2011

Meringue Monday

What a miserable day, not me but the weather.  Finished another womag (woman's magazine) short story and have put it to one side for a few days before I decide where or if to send it out to the world of women's fiction.  I am determined to see my work and my name in print.

I am still considering the SWWJ competition.  I'm not sure which chapter of my life to put down on paper and because it's not fiction I wouldn't want to cause a family war or anything.  I'll think on that one.

I've been watching daughter no.2 play 'Just Dance' on the Wii it looks so much fun I might have to join in, if I can keep up with her that is.

Off to Watford Writers tonight for my weekly dose of writer's chat but first I am going to help myself to a meringue nest, I've got a real thing for them lately.

Need I say, yet again, No post from the DVLA or TABFF my fingers are still crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment