About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 17 November 2011

Tickity Boo Thursday

I DROVE daughter no. 1 to school today the first time in over a year.  Apart from the fact that I almost forgot the way it was alright, not having driven for the past 11 months had left me feeling a bit nervous.

Daughter no.2 decided she wanted me to drive her to school as well, I had to say no,  daughter no. 2 goes to school 3 miles away and daughter no. 2 just 3 minutes away.

Was in the shop today and again we were quite busy especially when a customer knocked against our window display and it all fell over.  Poor woman went as red as a cherry.  It took us half an hour to set it all up again because it's the Christmas window complete with Christmas Tree, train sets, rocking horses an so forth.  But once it was done it looked even more eye catching that it had been before.

Not much progress made in the writing area today but tomorrow is Friday, my quiet day when I usually get quite a lot done and treat myself to something sweet with a nice cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment