About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 28 November 2011

Mini Monday

I was up very early this morning, when I say early I mean 0.00.  I couldn't sleep for one reason or another and was cleaning my kitchen at 1 in the morning !!

I eventually went back to bed about 3 ish which was very short lived as Hubby was up at 5 am getting ready to drive up north.  I stayed awake to make sure nobody would be late for school.  I thought I might have a nap in the morning but I didn't feel tired at all so I cleaned the fridge, two machine loads of washing and hoovered downstairs.  My friends Louise informed me that, no, I wasn't mad just doing the nesting bit for our mutual friend Lesley whose baby is due anytime now.

I have no writing since Thursday and I am missing it terribly after daughter no. 2 is in bed tonight I might put in a few hours IF I can keep my eyes open.  Watford Writers is cancelled tonight due to a fault with the alarms but I probably wouldn't have gone anyway.  Let's hope for a much better night tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment