About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Busy Bee

A warm welcome and 'hello' to my new followers. I hope you like my blog and will become regular visitors.

Carl is still not well so both school runs were my responsibility today BUT I did manage a cup of tea in between.  The shop was very busy today and we sold a lot of clothes as well as some vintage pictures.  I love the shop when it's busy.  It's a friendly little shop and thankfully 99% of our customers treat the shop and us with respect, it is just the odd customer who creates bad feeling but thankfully that doesn't happen too often.  We are in the midst of taking the thicker winter clothes off the rails and replacing them with funky brightly coloured spring items.  It's a lot of humping around but seeing the shop light, bright and splashed with colour is well worth it.

I had to take Lisa to the doctors after school and he confirmed that she has a chest infection and I didn't miss the smile on her face when he told her not to go to school tomorrow.  Cerys has started coughing and I'm hoping that it doesn't develop into anything else.

As I said yesterday, no writing done today but that didn't stop that little inner voice nagging me, telling me that I have not produced enough this week and reminded me of the looming closing dates of the competitions I want to enter.  I will have my work cut out next week, but 'bring it on.'

2 comments:

  1. Well, on the up side it is good to be busy. Hopefully smoother sailing in the days ahead. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will fall into place, it always does. Good luck with the competitions.

    ReplyDelete