About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Something new

My new laptop is ready.  I have amused myself for an hour or so playing around with it.  It is much quicker than the last one and has a few more functions.  Bless Carl for all his hard work, he is such a cup-cake.

Today's writing was still focused on the 'emotional' story I started on yesterday.  I added a few more pages (roughly written) but have not begun to transfer them onto my laptop as yet.  It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself I won't change anything as I type it up, I always end up editing something.  Not such a bad thing I suppose but it would be far quicker for me just to copy type it instead of playing with it as I go.  It takes me a lot longer then I get cross with myself because that playing has cost me writing time.  Mad?  I know.

I am in the shop tomorrow so my writing time will be limited but I do so love my time in the shop (for those of you who are new to my blog I work in a local charity shop on a Thursday).  It is a vibrant little shop and an Aladdin's Cave stuffed with treasures waiting to be discovered.

1 comment:

  1. I wish your Carl lived nearer... I had a new laptop LAST WEEK and already it is playing up. I must admit I enjoy editing my work. I know it takes time but I have plenty of it so it isn't a real problem.

    ReplyDelete