About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Watford Writer's

It was manuscript night on Monday so I took along the piece I had written about not going to Australia.  I'm really glad that I did.  I got excellent feedback from my fellow scribblers, suggestions about changing from the first person to the third, dialogue, tension basically bringing the piece alive for the reader.  It was so good to have all that feedback mostly because it showed that people had listened and could be bothered to make suggestions.  Watford Writer's, I love you.

I have got over my rush of emotion and self-pity about Australia now, I just needed a few says to absorb it.  All in all everyone seems relieved so it was the right decision to make.  A hard choice but the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats feedback from a group of writers.

    Hugs about Australia. My parents planned to emigrate there in the 70s and I often wonder how my life would have turned out if we'd gone.

    (I've tagged you over on my blog - no pressure to accept.)
    X

    ReplyDelete