About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Sunshine Award

This morning when I logged on to my laptop I was touched to see that a writer friend of mine, Diane Fordham from Australia, had sent me a 'Sunshine Award'.  That kind and thoughtful gesture made my day, in fact for most of the day I had a huge smile on my face.  Thank you Diane.

I had a very strange day today.  I didn't do any writing at all.  Carl is not very well so I did both school runs (one driving, one walking).  By the time I got home I was cold and desperate for a cup of tea.  For some reason I just didn't feel like doing any writing, research, reading or indeed, surfing.  I decided on sewing.  I have a plain grey long sleeved t-shirt which has been hanging around, unworn since before Christmas.  So today I decided I would get on and do something with it, by the way of embellishing.  I attached a denim heart and sewed lilac crystal buttons and silver studs on the heart to give it a bit of vaa vroom !  Next I slit the sleeves and intend to stencil small purple flowers each side of the split to emphasis it.  The point is instead of having a boring plain t-shirt I will have a wonderful unique piece that I will be proud to wear.  Well, that's the theory.  Tomorrow I am in the shop so any writing will have to wait until Friday.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome Rae :-) I hope Carl is feeling better. You sew as well? You are one creative woman. Good on you x

    ReplyDelete