About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Saturday 17 March 2012

For Friday

A bit of a desperate day really.  I sat down ready to start transferring my latest story onto the laptop (without editing as I went along).  Could I find my writing files?  I could not.  After half an hour of poking around and getting nowhere I gave up.  I couldn't decide whether to sit and cry or just scream.  What I decided to do in the end was to go and do something useful in the garden.  Although it was a bit nippy and windy it was also dry.  An hour later I had mowed the lawns, tidied my pots and trimmed my rosemary and lavender bushes.  The trimming was good fun as I had borrowed my dad-in-law's hedgetrimmer, up until then I'd never used one.  It did give me an idea for a short story actually.  So the garden looks much neater and as the compost in my pots have been replenished I can think about what I will plant in them this year.

I know my writing isn't lost but I just cannot find any files at all.  When Carl comes home from work I'm sure he will know just where to look - well, here's hoping.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find them! Oh and I'm very jealous you were able to work in the garden. I'm not sure where you're located, but where I am it's still wet. Actually the snow just melted :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky, it's still wet and miserable here in the Midlands. I understand your panic over seemingly lost files - they will be safe somewhere. I actually lost mine recently; two important folders were apparently eaten by a virus! It meant my guru taking the laptop to pieces to retrieve everything and me having a new laptop. Fortunately most of my work is saved to a remote hard-drive but I did lose the stories I was working on, ones that hadn't been saved across to the remote. Ah well, lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gardener too? Sounds like you had a productive day, which is good. Hope those files turned up. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for all your comments, the panic is over and I have my files back without too much hassle. x

    ReplyDelete