About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

That Annoying Little Voice

It seems like an age since I was last able to post, but here I am, back once more.  I have been working on my entry for the Mslexia competition (amongst other things) but I keep being interrupted by a first line of a completely different story.  The story I outlined as my entry to the Swanwick competition.  A few weeks back  I was struggling for inspiration and some get-up-and-go now I am fighting it off.  Well, why not work on the story which keeps interrupting your thoughts I hear you ask?  The closing date for the Mslexia competition is the end of March whereas the Swanwick competition closes at the end of April.  Unlike some writers I find it difficult to work well on two pieces of writing at a time so if anyone knows of a strategy to quieten my inner voice please let me know.

Another thing I have in the pipeline is my lesson from my guru which I haven't been able to give any attention to as yet. I really need to get my head down and complete it as I don't want my guru to think I am not taking thing seriously.  I am grateful for all her instruction and patience and of course, her continued support.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae, I've given you a 'Sunshine Award' with a link to your blog. (It's over on my blog) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae, I popped in to thank you for following my blog. I'm thrilled to have another writer on board and hope to see more of you. I've heard of Watford Writers but can't for the life of me think how I know the name. It's still early though, I will wake up as the day progresses.

    ReplyDelete