About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

La Weekend...

I was up at Mum's this weekend as it was my turn.  I am glad to say she is a lot more mobile which has cheered her up no end.  We have become so close over the recent weeks, I really feel for the first time in thirty years or more that I actually know my mum.  In the past I have had many substitute mothers and as warm and lovely as they all were, they were not 'my mum'.  We have had many frank heart to heart talks about things in the past and I really feel we have found a new understanding and respect for each other.  I suppose that goes to show that it is indeed never too late to start over.

I took her shopping on Saturday and we had a good laugh trying to collapse then re-assemble her wheelchair in order to get it in and out of the car, it must have taken me a good ten minutes each time.  It was good to see her so cheery and let's be honest if you cannot laugh at these situations then life will be very dull.

A slight disappointment was my sister, who is getting married in September has decided that she wants a very small wedding.  Nothing wrong with that I hear you say and of course you are right.  But so small is the wedding going to be that neither myself or my other sister are invited to share the happy event.  I understand that it is her day and respect the fact that she should have everything how she wants it, not a problem with that at all.  But I would have loved to have been there, to be part of it all, but alas it is not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment