About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Feeling Good

Well, my story for TABFF is finished, it just needs a week or so to grow into itself before I do my final checks and send it out.  I am really pleased with it actually hopefully TABFF will be too.

I'm having lunch out today with an old friend I used to work with years ago.  It will be great to catch up and hopefully giggle as much as we did back then.  Who knows, there could be a story there.

I have three competitions on my short list at the moment but I can't resist trawling the net trying to find others, it's no wonder I tie myself up in knots !!  No, I just need to be firm and not juggle so much that nothing is finished in a rush.

I have been on The Swanwick Writers Summer School website and am already getting excited at what's being offered and the program isn't even completed yet.  It's a wonderful week at Swanwick.  If any of you are curious or fancy giving it a go look it up on the web - it's FAB.

No comments:

Post a Comment